Completing an important connection between Frederickson and the Port of Tacoma
Pierce County will extend Canyon Road East from 52nd Street East to 70th Avenue East in Fife. The project improvements will support the local economy, provide a new route and reduce travel times. This project includes the following planned improvements:
- Constructing a new bridge over the Puyallup River and removing the existing Milroy Bridge.
- Constructing a new bridge over Clarks Creek.
- Expanding and extending Canyon Road East to two lanes in each direction with turn lanes at intersections.
- Building concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Constructing an enclosed storm drain system as well as stormwater treatment and storage facilities.
- Revising traffic signal at Canyon Road East / 66th Avenue East.
Existing Milroy Bridge to be removed
Map of Pierce County's River Crossing project, which extends Canyon Road East from 52nd Street East to 70th Avenue East in Fife. Blue lines represent future corridor improvements. Click the map to enlarge.
Visualization of the future bridge over the Puyallup River. View is looking northwest, with City of Fife on the right and unincorporated Pierce County on the left.